Following on from the article Buying a goalkeeper on Sorare, in this article we will discuss the best tips for buying a good defender on Sorare. We will also see that the criteria for an field player are not necessarily the same as for a goalkeeper.
How much does a defender cost?
The first question is always the same: how much does it cost? It is difficult to answer this question precisely, because the price of the cards varies according to the player’s performance on one hand, but also according to the player’s attractiveness. And probably a bit of both in most cases.
However, it is reasonable to say that you can buy a good defender for a price between 0.05 ETH and 0.1 ETH. As the price of the ether fluctuates greatly from day to day, I refer you to your favorite online converters to find out the amount in euros or dollars.
What are the criteria of a good defender?
Let’s take the example of a defender with a score of 100 to illustrate the key criteria of a good defender.
The influence of the Decisive Score
Decisive Score calculation
By default, a starter begins with a decisive score of 35. This first score will evolve up or down depending on different events:
- A goal, an assist, a foul that lead to a penalty kick, a save on the line or a tackle as the last defender will increase the Decisive Score to 60. Any additional events will add 10 more points.
- On the contrary, any negative event (a mistake leading to a goal, an own goal, a red card, etc.) will make you lose points (10 or 20 points depending on whether you have positive events or not).
While most of these events are relatively rare, goals and assists are more frequent events that merit analysis.
Find scoring and/or passing defenders
There are multiple sources to find statistics about soccer players. Personally, I like Transfermarkt. The site provides a “Top scorers” page that allows you to filter by position players and find out which defenders score the most and/or make the most assists.
The All-Around Score, a measure of the consistency of a good defender
While there are many values that make up All-Around Score, it is mainly impacted by 3 criteria: tackles, interceptions and duels won. In addition to the points won with these three parameters, additional points can be earned if certain conditions are met:
- Double-Double: the player must meet two of the following conditions: make 2 interceptions, make 2 tackles and win 2 duels.
- Triple-Double: the player must make at least 2 interceptions, 2 tackles AND win 2 duels.
- Triple-Triple: the player must make at least 3 interceptions, 3 tackles AND win 3 duels.
Finding a defender with a consistently high All-Around Score is the mark of a good defender.
You now have all the keys to search SorareData and buy the right defender for your team.
To go further…
Looking for similar information on other positions? Feel free to check out my other articles, dedicated to the best criteria for each role:
- Guide to buy a good goalkeeper on Sorare
- Guide to buy a good midfielder on Sorare
- Guide to buy a good forward on Sorare
If you are looking for a more generic article on what to buy on Sorare, I recommend my dedicated guide to buying a good card on Sorare
You are still hesitating and want to discover the game by yourself? Register now, by clicking on the banner below or on the one on the sidebar, and come test the game by yourself thanks to the Rookie League mode!
Next article will be related to The Beautiful Data #4 : Card Popularity
See you soon,